On May 25th, all Provincial Hearing locations will be re-opening to once again provide our patients with the highest quality hearing care, by appointment only. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins at this time. If you need hearing service, please contact us ahead of time to schedule your appointment.
Our Safety Promise
At Provincial Hearing, we want you to know that the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. We also want you to feel confident that you’ve made the right decision in choosing us for your hearing healthcare needs. That’s why we are monitoring and adhering to the Health Canada and World Health Organization guidelines, to ensure every step of your visit is clean, safe and comfortable with the following measures:
- We stagger appointments
- We clean and sanitize between appointments
- We disinfect all equipment
- We wear masks and gloves and PPE
- We maintain proper distancing where possible
- We screen employees and customers for signs of illness
- We offer curbside and virtual appointments
- We provide telehealth visits
We also ask that visitors to our clinic follow the following temporary measures:
- If you are sick, or someone in your home is sick, please STAY HOME. Please contact us to rebook your appointment.
- Our public restroom will be temporarily closed. Please plan accordingly for your appointment
- Please leave food and drinks at home
- All visitors to the clinic must wear a mask
- All visitors must sanitize their hands upon arrival. Sanitizer is available at the front entrance
- When possible, we ask that you come to your appointment on your own. We will escort you into the clinic when we are ready to see you
Thank you for the continued support! As a team, we will continue to monitor the situation and work to provide a safe and healthy environment for you and our team. Our goal is to provide you with the best overall experience.
CEO & President of Provincial Hearing